Do you want to contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal #6: access to clean water and sanitation? Do you get a lot of energy from improving health and life of 1.5 million Kenyans? Would you like to have impact on making the world a little bit better? Do you want to make a difference here and now by setting up and executing the sustainability program for MegaGroup? If yes, we are looking for you!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, WHAT SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO?
AS WATERSTARTERS PROJECT OFFICER
MegaGroup and Amref have joined forces to create synergy in their two core competences: water supply systems and community-led health promotion. This has led to the development of a social enterprise named WaterStarters (WS): a franchise that will renovate and/or build 600 water schemes, impacting the economic and health situation in rural and peri-urban Kenyan communities. We aim to improve health and life of 1.5 million Kenyans in water stressed areas in the coming 7 years.
– You will be part of the working committee of the WS program. Together with the program director and staff from Amref in the Netherlands and Kenya, you help set up and develop the WS program.
AS SUSTAINABILITY COORDINATOR
Set-up the and execute the sustainability program of MegaGroup. Work in close cooperation with management and other stakeholders to develop, coordinate, and promote an effective sustainability program to reduce MegaGroup’s impact on the environment. Responsibilities include educating MegaGroup management and employees about sustainability and coordinating activities related to sustainability, performing research about sustainability, and annual reporting. Where to start?
– Supervising and helping to carry out a zero measurement for the CO₂ environmental performance of MegaGroup. Based on the outcome of the zero measurement you help determine the sustainability goals, plot the strategy and develop an implementation plan together with management.
– Guiding and helping to conduct research into water use by MegaGroup suppliers and customers. Research the best available techniques to implement water-saving measures in one or more MegaGroup markets.
WHAT DOES AN AVERAGE WORKING DAY LOOK LIKE FOR YOU?
As a project officer & sustainability coordinator you start the day with a cup of tea or coffee. Working in the “Petit Comité” of WS means that you have a lot of contact with the other participants of the committee. Nowadays we mostly do that through Microsoft Teams. WaterStarters has been founded, but you are part of the team that continuously develops and refines the WS program. This includes the business case, budgeting, cashflow calculations, engaging with new and existing partners and financiers, support fundraising activities, support the management and implementation of WS projects and more. This will be about 65% of your time. Next to that you do research on reducing our CO₂ footprint. How can you help MegaGroup contribute to a better world? For this you are in close contact with colleagues, customers and suppliers. From coffee cups to packaging material, means of transport, etc. Step by step you make the world a better place!
CHECKLIST: SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Can do approach is essential. Your qualifications do the rest. We ask following:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or environmentally-related discipline, eg physical, biological, health sciences, engineering, sustainability;
- 3 – 5 years experience in environmental science / sustainability & CSR arena is preferable;
- effective verbal and written communication skills in Dutch & English;
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word / Excel / PowerPoint);
- experience in working with project planning tools is helpful;
- affinity with figures / numbers (Excel / financial / budgets / cashflow);
- team player, but with ability to work independently;
- eye for detail;
- ability to engage with other cultures or backgrounds. Experience in working with / in Africa or other developing countries is preferred;
- technical interest is helpful.
WHAT WE OFFER
A great job with a lot of extras. Such as:
- a great working environment with a relatively new and international team;
- a really attractive and challenging job with a high degree of freedom, with responsibility within an informal, ambitious and no nonsense organisation;
- an open culture, in which initiatives and development are expected; do you have a good idea? You can get started;
- working in a young, enthusiastic and international team;
- contributing to a better world;
- a competitive salary;
- a bonus of maximum 15%;
- 25 holidays;
- plus another 12 so called ADV days;
- MegAcademy (in house training, product knowledge, your own discipline);
- Surface & mobile phone contribution;
- free fresh fruit;
- fun: friendly colleagues, a great working atmosphere and a sociable Friday afternoon drink (as soon as this is possible again).
WHO ARE WE?
Water technology is our sport, our employees are the athletes. Water is the liquid of life. Everyone needs water. By 2030 more than 3.7 billion people will live in areas with severe water stress. Too much or too little water brings enormous challenges in the field of water management. MegaGroup believes in making water solutions available to improve the lives of people. It is our mission to enable growth for our customers, employees and partners by making water solutions available in a convenient, smart and efficient way.
We bring water to life.
MegaGroup Trade Holding BV (MGT) is the holding organisation of a number of technical wholesalers in northern Europe. Within MGT, we join forces and support the group companies in the areas of Finance, IT, Marketing, Product Information and Category Management. In this way, we work efficiently on development and share knowledge, experiences and best practices internationally, so that the group companies are free to do what they do best: provide the customer with the best possible service.
• Always driving for results;
• Be engaging;
• Continuously curious;
• Dare to be different;
• Excel in what we do.
DID WE STIR UP YOUR ATTENTION?
Send your CV with your motivation letter to Rita van Baalen. Do not forget to state which job you are applying for. If you are convincing we will invite you to meet informally to get to know you. If we make a good connection we will ask you to complete an assessment. In the second job interview we start from there. When everyone is positive we close the job with you!
Do you have questions related to this vacancy or do you want to have more information?
Call Frank Kalff, our Business Development Director, tel. +31 6 27 05 34 93 or mail email@example.com.