Do you like to be the pivot in developing value added services in collaboration with sales, Category Managers and external stakeholders to successfully launch new products and services? Are you eager to expand the product portfolio of smart & connected devices to facilitate our customers? And are you looking for a challenging and interesting job in the heart of international business? If yes, we are looking for you!
You will be part of the Smart Service Centre existing of 1 Smart Service Centre Manager, 1 Product Development & Continuous Improvement Specialist, 1 Quality & Service Engineer, 1 Field Service Engineer, 1 Pump Specialist (new vacancy) and 1 Smart Service Business Development. As our Technology Specialist – Smart & Connected Devices you are a key player in executing MegaGroup’s strategy of service and maintenance subscription.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, WHAT SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO?
- identifying fit-for-purpose viable technologies and commercialization opportunities suitable for the organization;
- work with our international sales organizations, engineers and suppliers to identify the right architecture for implementing new solutions, products and modules;
- translate business objectives, balance commercial and engineering priorities, to create a roadmap of deliverables, solutions and technology;
- participate in conceptual design, detailed design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing of smart devices and platforms;
- train the international sales organizations in smart and connected devices, associated services and troubleshooting;
- administration including project management, service tasks, subscriptions, etc;
- support the sales organization with queries on connected devices;
- visit sites for gathering requirements, design, installation, maintenance and service (~ 10%).
HOW DOES AN AVERAGE WORKING DAY LOOK LIKE FOR YOU?
You start the day with a cup of coffee or tea and a stand up. This morning kick off nowadays is of course usually via Teams. You are part of the Smart Service Centre, but you also actively participate in the work streams of Irrigation, Livestock and Pool team. How can we provide value-added services? With what services can we really help our customers move forward? You validate innovation ideas through customer insights and you cross functionally cooperate with sales and external stakeholders. Last but not least, you always act with the customer in mind.
CHECKLIST: SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Can do approach is essential. Your qualifications do the rest. We ask following:
- HBO/MBO in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
- 5 years experience in field repair, service and sales in pumps and controllers;
- at least 2 years sales experience in water technology product distribution/installation;
- knowledge of electrical protection devices, controllers and sensors;
- solid understanding of technology and innovation in water treatment;
- feel at home in an entrepreneurial company in technical trade;
- be self starting, continuously strive to improve our product proposition, including knowledge, website, training and lead times;
- good communication (English and Dutch/German) and soft skills;
- valid driver’s license – type B.
WHAT WE OFFER
A great job with a lot of extras. Such as:
- an attractive and challenging job with a high degree of freedom, with responsibility within an informal, ambitious and no nonsense organisation;
- an open culture, in which initiatives and development are expected; do you have a good idea? You can get started;
- working in a young, enthusiastic and international team;
- contributing to a better world;
- a competitive salary;
- a bonus of maximum 15%;
- 25 holidays;
- plus another 12 so called ADV days;
- MegAcademy (in house training, product knowledge, your own discipline);
- Surface & mobile phone;
- free fresh fruit;
- fun: friendly colleagues, a great working atmosphere and a sociable Friday afternoon drink (as soon as this is possible again).
WHO ARE WE?
Water technology is our sport, our employees are the athletes. Water is the liquid of life. Everyone needs water. By 2030 more than 3.7 billion people will live in areas with severe water stress. Too much or too little water brings enormous challenges in the field of water management. MegaGroup believes
in making water solutions available to improve the lives of people. It is our mission to enable growth for our customers, employees and partners by making water solutions available in a convenient, smart and efficient way. We bring water to life.
MegaGroup is committed to fulfilling its ambition to contribute to the UN goal 6, “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”. To this end MegaGroup launched the Waterstarters program (https://waterstarters.org/). All employees are encouraged to contribute to
We strongly believe in our set of values, uniting all employees in all countries:
• Always driving for results;
• Be engaging;
• Continuously curious;
• Dare to be different;
• Excel in what we do.
DID WE STIR UP YOUR ATTENTION?
Send your CV with your motivation letter to Rita van Baalen. Do not forget to state which job you are applying for. If you are convincing we will invite you to meet informally to get to know you. If we make a good connection we will ask you to complete an assessment. In the second job interview we start from there. When everyone is positive we close the job with you!
Do you have questions related to this vacancy or do you want to have more information?
Call Raphael Kiran, our Smart Service Centre Manager, tel. +31 (0) 615 121 879 or mail email@example.com.