Are you overflowing with a passion to address worldwide water problems? If so, and you are an IT-er by heart that likes to be challenged? Please read further. We are looking for you!
We are looking for a Head of IT. One with a strong vision, managing information technology and systems, and that is open to investigate new technologies. You are the IT sparring partner for the business, actively contributing to realising our ambitious goals. You will lead the IT team consisting of 1 Web Developer, 1 PHP Developer, 1 Cloud Platform Engineer, 2 Application Managers, 1 System & Application Manager and 1 DevOps Engineer. Together with these colleagues and external partners you manage all (outsourced) developments and activities and you make sure the architecture is developed and run in a stable and cost efficient manner.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, WHAT SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO?
- develop and execute the information plan in line with MegaGroup’s strategy;
- always on the lookout for innovations that can support MegaGroup’s goals;
- initiate relevant projects aimed at improving the IT capacity and activities;
- support our buy and build strategy from the IT perspective;
- take inventory of current and future business needs, linking critical processes/streams and technical infrastructure;
- oversee the implementation of projects with your team and/or with external parties;
- initiate (new) and manage (existing) information projects;
- contract management of external providers (monitor SLA’s, evaluations, follow up).
HOW DOES AN AVERAGE WORKING DAY LOOK LIKE FOR YOU?
You are a linking pin to companywide stakeholders for whom you proactively facilitate the information needs embedding them into our systems. You and your team are monitoring the systems, applications, data and infrastructure to make sure everything is running smoothly. People management is your forte and you are in daily contact with your team, colleagues and third parties to make things happen.
CHECKLIST: SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Can do approach is essential. Your qualifications do the rest. We ask following:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science;
- capacity to think strategically combined with an operational, pragmatic mindset;
- 5 years IT management experience in a divers international business-to-business environment;
- wholesaler experience is an advantage;
- ability to analyse, design and implement professional IT processes;
- negotiation, advisory and mentoring skills;
- ability to make people grow;
- excellent (project) management skills;
- excellent analytical and communication skills (Dutch and English fluent written and spoken).
WHAT WE OFFER
A great job with a lot of extras. Such as:
- a great working environment with a relatively new and international team;
- a really attractive and challenging job with a high degree of freedom, with responsibility within an informal, ambitious and no nonsense organisation;
- an open culture, in which initiatives and development are expected; do you have a good idea? You can get started;
- working in a young, enthusiastic and international team;
- contributing to a better world;
- a competitive salary;
- a bonus of maximum 15%;
- 25 holidays;
- plus another 12 so called ADV days;
- MegAcademy (in house training, product knowledge, your own discipline);
- Surface & mobile phone;
- free fresh fruit;
- fun: friendly colleagues, a great working atmosphere and a sociable Friday afternoon drink (as soon as this is possible again).
WHO ARE WE?
Water technology is our sport, our employees are the athletes. Water is the liquid of life. Everyone needs water. By 2030 more than 3.7 billion people will live in areas with severe water stress. Too much or too little water brings enormous challenges in the field of water management. MegaGroup believes in making water solutions available to improve the lives of people. It is our mission to enable growth for our customers, employees and partners by making water solutions available in a convenient, smart and efficient way.
We bring water to life.
MegaGroup Trade Holding BV (MGT) is the holding organisation of a number of technical wholesalers in northern Europe. Within MGT, we join forces and support the group companies in the areas of Finance, IT, Marketing, Product Information and Category Management. In this way, we work efficiently on development and share knowledge, experiences and best practices internationally, so that the group companies are free to do what they do best: provide the customer with the best possible service.
• Always driving for results;
• Be engaging;
• Continuously curious;
• Dare to be different;
• Excel in what we do.
DID WE STIR UP YOUR ATTENTION?
Send your CV with your motivation letter to Rita van Baalen. Do not forget to state which job you are applying for. If you are convincing we will invite you to meet informally to get to know you. If we make a good connection we will ask you to complete an assessment. In the second job interview we start from there. When everyone is positive we close the job with you!
Do you have questions related to this vacancy or do you want to have more information?
Call Patrick Buhrs, Director of Finance & IT on 06 50 50 76 73.