Are you overflowing with passion to address worldwide water problems? Are you ambitious and do you want to lead and develop an irrigation specialist sales team in Northern Europe? And you love co-working in dynamic workstreams of E-commerce and marketing to obtain maximum value from sales initiatives? So, if you are looking for a challenging and interesting job in the heart of international business, we are looking for you!
The Category Manager is the key figure between the market on one side and the suppliers on the other. The Category Manager is responsible for development and growth of the irrigation business. He/she leads the category team, a multidisciplinary team with sales specialists in the countries as well as e-commerce, logistics, service and technical specialists. The Category Manager drives the development of the capabilities of the team, to achieve the growth. The Category Manager is part of a team of four Category Managers. This team is jointly responsible for developing and globally source a competitive assortment that maximises our position. The Category Manager will report to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO).
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, WHAT SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO?
The key objective of the Category Manager Irrigation is to drive the growth of the category, both in revenue and gross margin:
- drive the development of the irrigation strategy based on market analysis, in depth understanding of the customer needs, competition and available products in the market;
- develop a strong proposition for irrigation products including pumps, pumps will be a key product category to strengthen;
- implement the agreed category strategy by means of specific supplier actions (direct) and the coordination of relevant sales and marketing actions (ie pricing, etc);
- develop the range of stocked and listed articles in irrigation from implementation to organisation;
- negotiate sourcing prices and conditions with suppliers;
- responsible for the irrigation development on all relevant KPI’s (volume growth, gross margin, stock turn, etc) and initiates/proposes corrective action wherever needed;
- develop relations with suppliers.
CHECKLIST: SKILLS AND ABILITIES
You are an experienced business developer. With one foot in market and sales and another in supply and solutions. You have experience and a network in the irrigation business, especially in the irrigation system side, eg pumps, filters and distribution systems.
Can do approach is essential. Your qualifications do the rest. We ask following:
- college (HBO/WO) degree in business economics;
- fluent in English, preferably one other modern language (German);
- have domain knowledge of irrigation, excellent at multitasking in a high pressure and demanding environment;
- knowledge of or affinity with irrigation technology;
- good entrepreneurial skills, result oriented, decisively;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to persuade and influence others;
- good controlling, negotiation, advisory and training skills;
- competence in dealing with relations from various countries and with different cultural back grounds, able to develop an extensive network;
- high level of personal organisation, flexibility, be integer;
- a strong common business sense;
- willingness to work with a flexible schedule and to travel frequently is a precondition.
WHAT WE OFFER
A great job with a lot of extras. Such as:
- a great workng environment with a relatively new and international team;
- an attractive and challenging job with a high degree of freedom, with responsibility within an informal, ambitious and no nonsense organisation;
- an open culture, in which initiatives and development are expected; do you have a good idea? You can get started;
- working in a young, enthusiastic and international team;
- contributing to a better world;
- a competitive salary;
- a bonus of maximum 15%;
- 25 holidays;
- plus another 12 so called ADV days;
- MegAcademy (in house training, product knowledge, your own discipline);
- free fresh fruit;
- fun: friendly colleagues, a great working atmosphere and a sociable Friday afternoon drink (as soon as this is possible again).
WHO ARE WE?
Water technology is our sport, our employees are the athletes. Water is the liquid of life. Everyone needs water. By 2030 more than 3.7 billion people will live in areas with severe water stress. Too much or too little water brings enormous challenges in the field of water management. MegaGroup believes
in making water solutions available to improve the lives of people. It is our mission to enable growth for our customers, employees and partners by making water solutions available in a convenient, smart and efficient way. We bring water to life.
MegaGroup is committed to fulfilling its ambition to contribute to the UN goal 6, “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”. To this end MegaGroup launched the Waterstarters program (https://waterstarters.org/). All employees are encouraged to contribute to
We strongly believe in our set of values, uniting all employees in all countries:
• Always driving for results;
• Be engaging;
• Continuously curious;
• Dare to be different;
• Excel in what we do.
DID WE STIR UP YOUR ATTENTION?
Send your CV with your motivation letter to Rita van Baalen. Do not forget to state which job you are applying for. If you are convincing we will invite you to meet informally to get to know you. If we make a good connection we will ask you to complete an assessment. In the second job interview we start from there. When everyone is positive we close the job with you!
Do you have questions related to this vacancy or do you want to have more information?
Call Jan Jacob Koomen our CCO, tel. 06 53 23 25 75 or mail email@example.com.