HI, HELLO! Would you like to contribute to a better world in the field of water management? Do you aspire to the next step in your logistics career and are you someone who naturally takes the lead and goes the extra mile? Then we are looking for you!
ASSISTANT TEAMLEAD WAREHOUSE
Teamworker, service oriented, can do mentality
So we are looking for an Assistant Teamlead Warehouse for the Picking & Packing department for our European Distribution Centre (EDC) in Veghel. In this position, you will assist the Teamlead in word and deed to ensure the daily order flow runs as smoothly as possible. In the end, it’s all about satisfied customers. In our season from March to September, it is all hands on deck. You then take part in improvement projects, so that we can get off to an even better start next season. A team consists of 8 – 20 people (permanent and flexible). The EDC employs 45 permanent staff and we also have a flexible workforce, which can reach 50 people during the season. In this position you will report to the Teamlead.
WHAT WILL YOU DO, WHAT ARE YOUR CAPABILITIES?
- Assist with leadership
- Ensure optimal planning
- Monitoring the quality of warehouse processes
- Stay in contact with other departments
- Identify bottlenecks and/or opportunities for improvement and advising on them
- Contributing to compliance with company, environmental, health and safety and quality regulations.
WHAT DOES AN AVERAGE WORKING DAY LOOK LIKE?
As Assistant Teamlead you are the right hand of the Teamlead. At the start of your shift you ensure a good division of tasks, so that the whole team can get to work. You also take care of the reception and supervision of the flex workers, so that they quickly feel at home. During the day, together with the Teamlead, you keep an eye on the workflow and performance. You also have regular contact with the other departments to help each other move forward. As a troubleshooter, you live the dynamics of logistics. Safety is key. At MegaGroup we hold each other accountable for this. If no incidents occur you can even earn a nice bonus. That is teamwork too!
CHECKLIST: SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
Can do is one. Your qualifications will do the rest. We ask the following:
- MBO3 working and thinking level in the field of logistics
- Some logistical experience in a coordinating role is desirable
- You are proactive, team/customer/quality oriented, and stress resistant
- Good communication skills
- You have worked with a warehouse management system, preferably Astro by Consafe
- You have a good command of the English language, both verbally and in writing
WHAT WE OFFER
A great job and a lot extra:
- A great and challenging role with a high degree of freedom and responsibility within an informal, ambitious and no nonsense organisation
- An open culture, in which initiatives and development are expected; do you have a good idea? You can get started
- Working in a young, enthusiastic and international team
- Contributing to a better world
- A motivating package of employment benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme of maximum 15%
- 25 holidays
- Plus 12 so called ADV days
- MegAcademy (inhouse trainings, product knowledge, own discipline)
- Free fresh fruit
- Fun: friendly colleagues, good working atmosphere, Friday afternoon drinks and, in the end, your job is what you make it.
WHO ARE WE?
Water technology is our sport, our employees are the athletes. Water is the liquid of life. Everyone needs water. By 2030 more than 3.7 billion people will live in areas with severe water stress. Too much or too little water brings enormous challenges in the field of water management. MegaGroup believes in making water solutions available to improve the lives of people. It is our mission to enable growth for our customers, employees and partners by making water solutions available in a convenient, smart and efficient way. We bring water to life.
MegaGroup Logistic Services BV (MGLS) is MegaGroup’s European Distribution Centre (EDC) in The Netherlands. MGLS also has an EDC in Poland and a number of hubs in Sweden, Germany and the UK. Orders from our sales organisations are processed by MGLS. The EDCs thus supply Bevo and Bosta customers in Belgium, UK, Germany, The Netherlands, Poland, Scandinavia and other export countries within and outside Europe. MGLS is daily supported by the Warehouse Support Team consisting of Quality, Planning & Inventory Control to serve our customers even better.
MegaGroup is committed to fulfilling its ambition to contribute to the UN goal 6, “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”. To this end MegaGroup launched the waterstarters program (https://waterstarters.org/). All employees are encouraged to contribute to this program.
This is our DNA:
- Always driving for results
- Be engaging
- Continuously curious
- Dare to be different
- Excel in what we do
DID WE STIR UP YOUR ATTENTION?
Send your CV with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to state which job you are applying for. If you are convincing we will invite you to meet informally to get to know you. If we make a good connection we will ask you to complete an assessment. In the second job interview we start from there. When everyone is positive we close the job with you!
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Do you have questions related to this vacancy or do you want to have more information?
Contact our Teamlead Picking/Packing, Peter Remmerde, via email@example.com or our Warehouse Manager, Pieter Kamerbeek, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
MegaGroup Logistic Services BV * Doornhoek 4205 * 5465 TG VEGHEL